Below you will find instructions on how to sign up for the 2018 Dominican Republic Short-Term Mission Trips. All flights are Delta. Everyone is responsible for purchasing their own ticket. If connecting out of Huntsville International, please take the earliest flight available. Flight times may vary slightly. If you have any questions, please call Carol at 256.227.5614.
Watch a video featuring Dr. Silvia Martinez describing El Cacique, one of the villages in which we will be working:
Trip #1 May 28 – June 4, 2018 Any Age Week
Leave May 28 Delta 686 Atlanta to Santa Domingo (ATL to SDQ) ~9:50am
Return June 4 Delta 576 SDQ to ATL ~2:10pm
Trip #2 June 4 – 11, 2018 Any Age Week
Leave June 4 Delta 686 ATL to SDQ ~ 9:50am
Return June 11 Delta 576 SDQ to ATL ~ 2:10pm
Trip #3 June 8 – June 15, 2018 Medical Team
Leave June 8 Delta 686 ATL to SDQ ~9:50am
Return June 15 Delta 576 SDQ to ATL ~210pm
April 24, 2018
Please be aware that although the deadline for sign up is April 24, 2018, participants will be included on a first-come-first-serve basis. (Limit ~25 each trip). Contact me if the deadline is a problem – I would love to work with you. Click on links below for more information.
1. You now have 2 ways to register. Either complete this online form or download this form, fill it out and mail to: Decatur Presbyterian Church (DPC), 2306 Modaus Road, SW, Decatur, AL 35603.
2. If under 18, also fill out this consent form and mail to DPC.
3. Send check payable to “Decatur Presbyterian Church”, and in memo line indicate “your name” and “DR trip”. Total cost for One Week is $750. Total cost for Two Weeks is $1150. Total cost for Three Weeks is $1550. (BE AWARE these prices do not include airfare).
Mail to DPC by April 24. (If you cannot get the money to the church by that date, let’s talk. I’m very happy to work with you.) You may be interested in reviewing the sample fundraising letter. People have been incredibly successful raising funds in this way.
4. Get your passport ASAP. If you already have one, please make sure it has not expired, nor will it expire during your trip – very important!
5. You must book your own air travel. I will be happy to assist you through the purchase, however, it is your responsibility to purchase your own Delta plane ticket. Ensure your spot on the trip with me before purchasing. Purchase ticket from Delta.com or other travel site but must be the Delta flight specified above. Please email me your flight itinerary once purchased. Travel to and from Atlanta is at your discretion.
6. Read the packing list so you’ll know what to pack. Especially note the shots required, the dress code, and the need for water bottles and bug spray.
7. Many insurance policies cover overseas medical needs, including med-flight. Check to see if yours does. If not, individual short-term insurance must be purchased for the week for a very modest price (~$20). You must send me a copy of your insurance card if you go this route.
If you have any questions, please call (256.227.5614) or email me ( email@example.com ). I am very willing to work with you in whatever capacity I can.