(video courtesy of Mary Grace Lathem)
Hola, Mi Amigos!
Below you will find instructions on how to register for the 2022 Dominican Republic Short-Term Mission Trip. Questions? Please email Carol Godwin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 31 – June 7, 2022
Departure: HSV (Huntsville)
Delta DL 2836
May 31 – HSV 5:35 AM
Connect: ATL (Atlanta)
ATL 10:00 AM
Arrive: SDQ (Santo Domingo, DR)
Departure: SDQ (Santo Domingo, DR)
Delta DL 1803
June – 7 SDQ 2:30 PM
Connect: ATL (Atlanta)
ATL 6:19 PM
Arrive: HSV (Huntsville)
Effective 12/6/21 but subject to change, the only requirements to enter the Dominican Republic are a mask and the completion of an e-ticket online form. This form should be filled out before the trip, even the day before. You will be asked for your Santo Domingo host address: Sociedad Lucas, c/3era #8, Barrio Chino, Bahos de Haina, Santo Domingo, DR, 10100. Our host Dr. Silvia Martinez’ phone number: 1 (809) 383-2019.
All travelers returning to the US must have a mask, and proof of a negative covid-19 test within one day of initial flight departure or documentation of having recovered from covid-19 in the past 90 days from departure. Our host in the DR will provide covid-19 testing the day before departure. In case of a positive covid-19 test, NO ONE will be left alone in the DR, but will be accompanied by me or another chaperone until you receive a negative test. It is advised that you purchase the fully refundable ticket in case of need to change flight.
Sign up deadline is April 3, 2022. Participants will be included on a first come first serve basis, limit ~25. Contact me if the deadline is a problem and I would love to work with you.
2. If under 18 and traveling alone, also fill out this consent form and mail to DPC.
3. There are now two ways to pay for the trip. a) One way is to send a $750 check payable to “Decatur Presbyterian Church”, and in memo line indicate “your name” and “DR trip”. b) The other option is to pay by credit card through the green “Give” button on the DPC website. When it asks which “fund”, scroll to the last option and choose “DR Trip” and pay the one-time amount of $750. (Note: this price does not include airfare).
Mail to DPC by April 4 deadline. (If you cannot get the money to the church by that date, let’s talk. I’m very happy to work with you.) You may be interested in reviewing the sample fundraising letter. People have been incredibly successful raising funds in this way.
4. Get your passport ASAP. If you already have one, please make sure it has not expired, nor will it expire during your trip – very important!
5. You must book your own air travel (unless traveling with EZRA internship). I will be happy to assist you through the purchase, however, it is your responsibility to purchase your own Delta plane ticket. Ensure your spot on the trip with me before purchasing. Purchase ticket from Delta.com or other travel site but must be the Delta flight specified above. Please email me your flight itinerary once purchased.
6. Read the packing list so you’ll know what to pack. Especially note the shots suggested, the dress code, and the need for water bottles and bug spray.
7. Many insurance policies cover overseas medical needs, including med-flight. Check to see if yours does. If not, individual short-term insurance must be purchased for the week for a very modest price.
If you have ANY questions, email me ( email@example.com ). I am very willing to work with you in whatever capacity I can. God bless you and welcome to the Dominican Republic trip!